Thursday, January 10, 2013

Galaxy SIV: What should we expect from it?

I'm sure everyone knows of Samsung's Galaxy Series by now, and have been a huge fan ever since it came out. In fact I own all Galaxy Phones (S, S II, S III) quite a big fan. So...the fourth one is under way and there are some facts where it's a safe bet it will be in it. But what? Let's look:

Truly....Next is what?
CPU and GPU: As shown in the CES the amazing 8-Core Exynos 5 Octa could very well be used in S IV and Note III, the chipset shown by Samsung is simply amazing and NO DOUBT that it will be used in the Flagship. If this is the deal....then damn...first 8-Core Smartphone. Apple will drool on the floor. Bet you're excited for it now huh? The new chip is based on ARM's big.LITTLE structure and promises upto 70% lower power consumption compared to Exynos 5 Dual which currently powers Google Nexus 10 and it could possess twice the 3D power of Exynos 4 Quad which powers Galaxy S III and Note II.
And definitely 2 GB RAM.

Display: Obviously.....Full HD display and the size? Well some say 4.9 (a little bump from Galaxy S III) which helps it remain in the smartphone division instead of Phablet which Samsung itself created. So far may seem difficult because every 1080 Display is 5" at least. But the quality? That where it gets interesting. Samsung WILL use Flexible OLED Display without any doubt which may be used as shown in CES and notification section for when in case. I'm pretty sure they find a good use for it. And since it's OLED the quality will certainly be outstanding. Maybe 450 ppi. Not sure but seems possible. Awesome FLEXIBLE.

Camera: Well, there's not much to say here but it's a safe bet that it WILL be 13 Mega-Pixels. If they go for 8 again I'll be soooo disappointed. 12 is good too. Just more than 8. And obviously the secondary camera will be able to shoot 1080 video.

Extra: I'm sure S-Pen can make an appearance and it will be pretty awesome to see it. I mean come on...please fix it in. Or at least include it...I'd rather hold it in my hand.
The next extra could be Samsung's own tricks for the flexible Display. Or the Nature UX (Previously TouchWiz 5.0) and prepare to be surprised. And let's hope S Voice is improved along other S Apps.
And oh....there will be a 64 GB version. It should be...and if rumours are to be believed maybe even 128 GB.

Body: There's no way we can guess the body's shape or design but there will be a home button and all plastic....but Samsung pleaseee....for the sake of rivalry make it Aluminium. But we can be sure it will be Water-Resistant and Dust-Resistant. As others are. And the feel of it? Samsung has proved over the years that it's phone despite being plastic are good in feel.

Overall: Can it surpass Galaxy S III? I'm pretty sure it can. All these qualities are what makes Samsung unique and I'm confident that it will be awesome as hell. No doubt there. With Android 4.2 it will be magic.
Can it surpass Galaxy S III's Sales? Damn right it can. Samsung is now officially the god of smartphones and with the hype it creates...it will be monster seller.

One question: What's I9500X? 
Yea that's my question too. But there's my theory since in previous leaks the Tizan running phone was called I9500 I can assume two things:
1. The X is what differentiates Galaxy S IV from Tizen phone. They both may be I9500.
2. Or...the X is for Smartphones that have same specs as Flagship but have an X to say Tizen. Like Galaxy S IV is called I9600 and Tizen I9500X just to be an indication like N in Note family.

Should we be excited? 
Definitely, it will be awesome. Just look at this specs and tell me you won't be excited.

Galaxy S IV (I9500)

CPU:  
8-Core Exynos 5 Octa Clocked at 1.5 Ghz
Display: 1080 Flexible OLED (450 ppi)
OS: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) Nature UX
Camera: 13 Mega-Pixel
Secondary Camera: 2 Mega-Pixel capable of shooting 1080 Videos.
Extras: S Voice, S Note, S Memo, S Planner, S Pen, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, Water and Dust Resistant.

So, there you have it....what we can expect from S III, hope it turns just about right. Until then....speculate.
God I hope I can attend the unveiling.

+Samsung USA +Samsung Mobile USA +Samsung Mobile +Samsung Galaxy S III +Samsung Galaxy S4 +Samsung Galaxy S4


No comments:

Post a Comment